Grand Hotel Baglioni
4 STAR HOTEL in Florence
Grand Hotel Baglioni is located in the heart of Florence and has been operating as a hotel since 1903. The building was actually built in the 1800s by Prince Carrega di Lucedio, when he bought some shanties which later demolished and built what is now the Grand Hotel Baglioni as his personal residence. The prince turned out to be a shrewd businessman when after a few years, he chose to move to Rome and asked the Baglioni family to convert the huge mansion into a luxury hotel, hence the name. When you check into one of the 193 recently renovated rooms of the hotel, you will automatically find yourself in late 19th and early 20th Century Florentine opulence. Being only 15 minutes away from the airport and a stone’s throw from the local railway station, the hotel is also a convenient location. Another unique aspect of the hotel’s location is that being in the heart of Florence, the streets and monuments are all under UNESCO protection, thus the area is pedestrian friendly and cars not belonging to locals can only park during certain times of the day. Enjoy the elegance and opulence that Florence has to offer and make the Grand Hotel Baglioni your home as you stay in Florence.
When you get into your room at the Grand Hotel Baglioni, you anticipate coming into the lap of luxury and you will not be disappointed. The hotel has also newly renovated allergy-free rooms upon request. The types of rooms available are listed below:
- The Single Rooms are ideal for the single traveler who likes to stay in comfort. Unlike many other hotels, who tend to follow the space-saving trend of miniature rooms for single travelers, the people at the Grand Hotel Baglioni do not believe in doing this. These rooms are equipped with a large bed, individually controlled climate control and a fully stocked minibar;
- The Classic Rooms are designed for those travelers who enjoy class and like comfort and luxury, have double glass windows, leaded glass French doors, and wood furniture. Antiques are placed as accents throughout the room for that special attention to detail and to match the classic Florentine style. The classic rooms have a large bed, desk, minibar, and more;
- The Deluxe Rooms are designed with business in mind. Ideal for the business traveler as these rooms have an extra large desk with a high speed internet connection. The deluxe rooms also have extra chairs and a table for small business meetings;
- The Junior Suites are designed for those who need a decent size area when traveling, they include a large bed and a separate living room with seats, a couch, and a table for added relaxation;
- The Suite is designed for that traveler who wants to take in all the luxury which Florence traditionally likes to offer. The suite is designed with elegance and opulence in mind, has a total of over 48 square meters of living space and comes with two bedrooms which both have their own private bathroom and also a living room with pre stocked magazines and newspapers for your enjoyment.
There are more amenities in this hotel than what can be mentioned, however, some of the basics are listed below:
- The Congress Center is an area for conference rooms where companies or other organizations can organize their corporate conferences. The Congress Center is also great for weddings and anniversaries as well;
- Restaurants and bars are something the Grand Hotel Baglioni does not lack. The hotel has two bars and three restaurants. They are individually listed below:
- The Terazza Brunelleschi is only open in the summer and takes over the panoramic roof terrace of the hotel. The Terazza Brunelleschi serves a great variety of delicious Florentine and Tuscan dishes. It also shares the roof terrace with the American Bar;
- The Melarancio is another restaurant which is located on the hotel’s ground floor. This restaurant can serve as a cafe and serves light meals to fine dinners as well;
- The American Hall also shares the ground floor with the Melarancio and is a classic meeting place for all Florentines;
- The American Bar is on the roof terrace together with the Terazza Brunelleschi. This bar offers all the cocktails and meals such as steaks, hotdogs, and other fine American favorites;
- The Summer Piano Bar is a great place to enjoy good live piano music and a good glass of wine from some of Italy’s finest wineries;
Room service is available for all of the guests staying at the Grand Hotel Baglioni;
- Free wifi internet connection is available in all the rooms along with wireless hot spots throughout the entire hotel;
- Video on demand and pay per view is available in all the rooms;
- Valet parking is available;
- Babysitting services are available for those parents who want a night on the town without the kids;
- Wellness center and massage parlor affiliated with the hotel is ready to offer massages, and other services and facilities to the Grand Hotel Baglioni’s guests.