5 STAR HOTEL in Rome
The Hassler is currently managed by a fifth generation Hassler, who is a famous Swiss family of hoteliers, and it is located in a great area, right on top of the Spanish Steps offering a magnificent view of the city. When you check into the Hassler Hotel, not only do you check into one of the leading five star hotels in Europe, but also into a piece of modern Italian history. The building which is the Hassler Hotel today was actually built in 1885 and was refurbished in 1938, just in time for the US Army to set up its World War II headquarters. When the building was acquired by the Hassler Hotel, the interior was redone to recreate the years before both world wars. Shades of Pompeii reds and yellow ochre abound with lavish trimmings of gold. The world-famous Imago Restaurant, located on the sixth floor of the hotel, has magnificent picture windows which open unto stunning views of the Pantheon and the Borghese Gardens.
The Hassler has 82 rooms and suites which offer some of the highest standard of luxury and elegance found anywhere in Europe. The biggest rooms in the hotel are the Presidential suites which consist of two bedrooms and an elegant bath and has the space of 115 square meters. If you wish to stay in the presidential suite, you will need to book way ahead of time. Connecting rooms are also available for large families and groups visiting Rome. The types of rooms which are available are listed below:
- The classic rooms are great rooms for a single person or a couple. Decorated in a classical design they have everything set up to meet the 21st Century traveler needs. The classic rooms come with either a queen size or twin beds;
- The classic double rooms are ideal for either the the single person looking for that extra relaxing space or for the young couple looking to spend a good time in Rome. The classic double rooms have a king size bed and have windows which open to a garden view;
- The deluxe rooms feature that just right blend of Roman classical charm and modern convenience. These rooms are for those who like to travel in the lap of luxury, have marble bathrooms and come with either a king size or twin beds. You can book deluxe rooms with either the courtyard, garden, or city view;
- The grand deluxe rooms are the cream of the crop rooms available in the Hassler. Some of the grand deluxe rooms have a separate sitting room where the business traveler can set up his laptop and take advantage of the high speed internet connection. Others have a large walk in closet and all have an extremely elegant design.
- Satellite TV;
- PC connections;
- Direct phone links;
- Free cable and wifi internet connection;
- In-room safe;
- Laundry services;
- Spa which provides massages, saunas, steam baths, beauty treatments, and a solarium;
- The Salone Eva restaurant which is only open during the autumn and wither months. This eatery is a light eatery which opens at 7:00AM until late at night. This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, tea, and cocktails
- The Hassler Bar is a restaurant which is open from 11:00AM until late at night and serves a wide variety of drinks, cocktails, liquors, and wines;
- The Palm Court is like the Salone Eva, which is a seasonal restaurant which is open during the spring and summer months. The Palm Court is a garden restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, cocktails, and more. The Palm Court is open from 7:00AM until late.