4 STAR HOTEL in Rome
Originally a convent in the 15th Century, the Kolbe Hotel is now the centerpiece of central Rome. The hotel is strategically located in the center of historic Rome with a couple of steps from the Roman Forum and a stone’s throw from the Coliseum. If you catch the metro, you will be pleasantly surprised that you will only find yourself a few stops away from the Piazza Spagna and more. Once being Roman Catholic monastic cells, the rooms have been updated and refitted with all the modern amenities you would expect in a modern hotel. Each of the 72 rooms has free wifi internet connection, flat screen TVs and air conditioning. There are also 17 larger rooms in the hotel’s forum with access to the garden. The hotel also has a restaurant with a bar and lounge where you can enjoy good meals, a relaxing drink, and more. The Kolbe Hotel is unique in Rome, as it offers both national dishes of Italy and international dishes to entice any palate. The restaurant also opens out to a terrace in the garden. The breakfast hall at the Kolbe also offers a magnificent breakfast with brioches, yogurts, homemade cake, cappuccino and espresso coffees, and assorted cereals.
The rooms of the Kolbe Hotel in Rome are unique as they have that wonderful mixture of ancient structures of the former convent and modern furniture, creating that wonderful mixture of the ancient and the new. Rooms available are listed below:
- The double standard rooms are great for travelers who are either traveling single or double and are ideal for newly weds enjoying their Roman honeymoon. The double standard rooms have a private bathroom and a double bed or two twin beds;
- The double garden rooms are great rooms for the traveling couple who want to enjoy the view of the hotel’s garden. These rooms have all the same amenities as the double standard, but are also established with large arched windows which open up to a view to the garden;
- The double deluxe rooms do a great job mixing the old with the new. These rooms have a double bed and also have a unique circular jacuzzi in the bathroom, perfect for that romantic getaway;
- The junior suites are a great choice for those couples or families who want to travel and visit Rome in the lap of luxury. These suites come with a king size bed and a separate living room with a sofa bed. The junior suites also have a private bathroom with a jacuzzi and a warmed towel rack;
- The family rooms are great for that family of four going on their European vacation. This is a rather unique room as it is on two levels. The loft is led up to with a modern looking staircase. There is a double bed in the loft and the lower level has a living room with a sofa bed which can also sleep two more people;
- The deluxe suite is the cream of the crop when it comes to rooms at the Kolbe Hotel. This suite also comes with two levels and has a circular jacuzzi. It is one of the largest suites in the Kolbe Hotel. Guests who reserve the deluxe suite get a welcome cocktail upon arrival. The suite also has a buffet breakfast brought into the room every morning during your stay, and a bottle of sparkling white wine is also offered upon arrival. When in the room, enjoy the breathtaking views of the gardens and the ancient galleries. The room is definitely for those who are used to high luxury every step of the way.
- Independent heating and air conditioning which the guest can control;
- The bar and lounge is connected with the hotel lobby and is a wonderful place simply to relax, mingle with friends, business associates, or other guests. The hotel serves a large variety of liquors and cocktails as well as tea and coffee. A great place for the afternoon or evening relaxation;
- Meeting rooms are also available for business people or other organizations to hold conferences, receptions, or other like events.