After a three-year-long restoration, the Donizetti Theater in Bergamo is reopening.
This space has become a temple of multi-disciplinarity.
The work involved the entire structure and was mainly aimed at creating new spaces. For example, now there is a mobile orchestra pit, a new dressing room, and a new ticket office. There is also a new area with a public bar, new rehearsal rooms, and catering rooms. The ceiling, all the boxes, and the foyer have been completely restored.
The restoration consisted of various projects:
– ARCHITECTURAL: complying with safety rules;
– DESIGN: the facade facing Piazza Cavour was redesigned;
– STRUCTURAL: entrances, connections between the floors, re-organization of the basement, dressing rooms, service areas, and more;
– PLANT ENGINEERING: upgraded the ventilation and air-conditioning systems;
– SOUND OPTIMIZATION: great attention was given to the improvement of acoustics.
The Donizetti Theater in Bergamo is reopening. Click here to discover more about this restoration.
Want to start planning your trip to Italy? Click here
Photos by Gianfranco Rota, courtesy of Teatro Donizetti