After a three-year-long restoration, the Donizetti Theater in Bergamo is reopening.
This space has become a temple of multi-disciplinarity.
The work involved the entire structure and was mainly aimed at creating new spaces. For example, now there is a mobile orchestra pit, a new dressing room, and a new ticket office. There is also a new area with a public bar, new rehearsal rooms, and catering rooms. The ceiling, all the boxes, and the foyer have been completely restored.
The restoration consisted of various projects:
– ARCHITECTURAL: complying with safety rules;
– DESIGN: the facade facing Piazza Cavour was redesigned;
– STRUCTURAL: entrances, connections between the floors, re-organization of the basement, dressing rooms, service areas, and more;
– PLANT ENGINEERING: upgraded the ventilation and air-conditioning systems;
– SOUND OPTIMIZATION: great attention was given to the improvement of acoustics.
Photos by Gianfranco Rota, courtesy of Teatro Donizetti