Best Design Restaurants 2014
CUISINE & DESIGN
Italy is the home town for food. Olive oil, wine, cheese, truffles, pasta... The list of famous Italian specialties is almost infinite. No surprise. This fertile land touched by the Mediterranean sea and warmed up by the hot southern sun is rich enough to make people from all over the world quite addicted by its local delicacies.
But in this food paradise not only the quality of products counts. Restaurants and wine-bars are not least important. Therefore, Italian locus and modus of food consumption (Latin: “the place” and “the way”) become a great attraction themselves for both locals and foreigners.
So, which are the best places in terms of design where to dive into the authentic Italian food experience?
According to the National Institute of Architecture In/Arch, the 5 most successful restaurants of 2014 in this particular ranking are:
- Bancovino Gourmet shop & winery in Rome designed by architects Ludovica Di Falco, Francesco Marinelli and Paolo Mezzalama;
- Decumanus Caffè in Florence, designed by Mimesi62 Architetti associati Domenico Pagnano and Lorenzo Liverani;
- Mad - Magazzini Donnafugata ristorante wine bar in Ragusa, designed by Architrend Carmelo Tumino and Gaetano Manganello.
- Porto Fluviale ristorante, pizzeria, caffetteria in Rome, designed by Roberto Liorni, Francesco Tumiati, Fabio Pecora, Vincenzo Di Siena, Priscilla Tozzi, Paola Trentavizi and Francesca Pierucci;
- Princi Cafè spirito di Milano in Milan, designed by Antonio Citterio Patricia Viel Interiors.
The 5 winners of this year were selected out from 229 applications. That sounds promising! And this year was just the first edition of the ranking: only a beginning of a new tradition to select "Best design Bars & Restaurants" of the country.
So, looking forward to discover who will become the winner of the future editions of the National Architecture Award. Meanwhile, keep calm and eat some mozzarella!