Among all the Tuscan beautiful estates, Villa Mangiacane stands out for its majestic beauty and noble history. Located just outside Florence, its name originates from Latin, Magna Cane, which literally translates to ‘great dog’, as a referral to the Neopolitan mastiffs which originally used to guard this villa. It has been said that Michelangelo himself participated in the design and it was built for Niccolò Machiavelli’s family in the 15th century.
There are just 27 individually designed rooms and sumptuous suites, all decorated with fine Tuscan furniture and set among 600 acres of flourishing vineyards, olive groves and sculptured gardens, with views all the way to the Brunelleschi’s cathedral dome and the rooftops of Florence. A state of the art Spa, complete with a gorgeous heated pool, will certainly astound you. Homemade wines and olive oil are available to taste on site. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and serves Italian cuisine with an emphasis on Tuscan specialties. Located in San Casciano in Val di Pesa, the villa is just 12 miles from the historic center of Florence.
- The Classic Vineyard Rooms are all individually decorated and come with luxurious marble bathrooms. These rooms offer a view of the Herb and Rose garden and are approximately 270 sq ft. in size. Twin beds option on request;
- The Superior Vineyard Rooms are all individually decorated and themed, they feature ultra luxurious marble bathrooms and are 322 sq ft. in size. These rooms offer private gardens and postcard views of the Tuscan landscape;
- The Deluxe Rooms are individually decorated, they have queen sized beds and ultra luxurious marble bathrooms. They measure about 380 sq ft;
- The Junior Suite is located in the Mazzei villa and is approximately 540 sq ft. and looks over the sorrounding vineyard. The junior suite is a perfect place to stay for a getaway of culture, food and romance;
- The Terrace Suite is located on the Machiavelli Villa top floor leading into a big shared terrace overlooking Florence and the Tuscan hills. These opulent suites, which are approximately 800 sq ft. in size, offer individually decorated mezzanine style bedrooms with king sized beds and marble bathrooms. The suite offers a separate living area, and a private in-room dining area. Enjoy a spectacular sunset over Tuscany, direct views of Florence or a candlelight dinner on your shared terrace;
- The Two bedroomed Terrace suite located on the top floor of the Machiavelli Villa is an ideal family suite and it mesaures about 970 sq ft. The suite has 2 separate mezzanine style bedrooms, one with a king size bed and the other one with twin beds and each one comes with a private bathroom. The suite offers a separate living area, and a private in-room dining area. Enjoy a spectacular sunset over Tuscany and direct views over the city of Florence from your the suite or terrace;
- The Royal Suite is about 1600 sq ft and comes with superior king size bed, a magnificent bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath, a walk in shower and a steam room. The high ceiling and 7 large windows give a feeling of space and light. The Royal Suite is located in the Machiavelli Villa house with spectacular views onto the Villa Mangiacane Scultpure gardens, vineyards and the Tuscan countryside. It also features a private dining area, a fireplace and a butler service.